Dear LTT-ers and TwiHards,
Remember when we gathered together some of the lessons we had learned from Twilight last year? Well, it’s time we hit up New Moon since the film version is out and we’ve (sorta) reread it again (and again) and there are a slew of lessons to be learned that I wouldn’t have known otherwise…
- If your new best guy friend starts running around in the woods in just a pair of jean shorts and some sneakers, he will NOT catch a cold. He will run a temperature of 108 but don’t worry, this is normal. He may also turn into a werewolf.
- If a man with a pair of orange pants and hiking boots is directing the sequel to a movie adaptation of one of your favorite books: TRUST HIM. Perhaps with your life. He will NOT screw you over. And you just may find yourself drawn to orange pants and man purses (murses)
- I know you will be anxious when the lead actor in the first movie leaves for 2/3rds of the second movie but take a deep breath and let the underage boy taking his place worm his way into your heart. You will NOT miss the first boy and it will truly be “as if he never existed.”
- Mike Newton may have gained like 30ish something pounds but he still has some of the best lines and can act the HALE out of the flu!
- Just like in Twilight it is perfectly normal to expect your best friend to be the boy next door who suddenly morphs into a hit piece with a 12 pack, a penchant for fixing up broke down cars and motorcycles, and will love you more than your whiny ass deserves even when you can’t get over the hot vampire boyfriend who dumped you in the woods months ago and moved away.
- I learned that if you are depressed and you sit in a recliner for 3 months, you will not get bed sores, a flat “shelf ass” or muscle atrophy…seriously how did she do that?
Follow the cut to see what else we learned from New Moon
Filed under: chris weitz, New Moon, New Moon movie, Stephenie Meyer, Twilight, Twilight Series Books | Tagged: beer gut, best friend, birthday, boyfriend, chris weitz, fever, flu, Jorts, life lessons, Mike Newton, Native American, New Moon, orange pants, paper cut, relationships, Twilight, Vampire, Volvo, Werewolf | 292 Comments »